How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation.
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Personal data that we process
The following explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the above table.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Reply to enquiries you send to us;
- Handle donations or other transactions that you initiate; and
- Where are you have specifically agreed to this, send you communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
When we share your data
We will only pass on your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third-party;
- We are using a third-party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third-party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third-party data processors;
- We are required by law to share your data; and
- It is necessary in your own urgent interests that we share this data (for example if while you were with our organisation you were taken ill and the data needed to be shared to secure a proper medical attention for you).
How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and we have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least once every three years.
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting”unsubscribe” at the bottom of relevant emails);
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information;
- You have the right of access to your information; and
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed. A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/.
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that your relying on some of these rights, such as the right to the deletion of your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.